Monday, November 7, 2016

Winter 2015

Dear Friends,
As we celebrate the end of this year serving children and expanding programs, I want to address a question that has been asked me a number of times over the year. Here it is:

CAN ONE WEEK OF CAMP REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A LIFE?

I will let you read the response of Daniel Casillas (pictured) who went to Camp and is now our first scholarship recipient.

My name is Daniel Casillas. I am currently attending College of San Mateo, a local community college. This is my first semester in College of San Mateo. I am majoring in Administration of Justice. There are many reasons why I chose this field. The main component of this decision was to empower and help guide the “at-risk” youth in their journey of discovery. My goal is to obtain an AA degree and transfer to a private college. After I have reached this, I plan to give back to the community I grew up in. 

Daniel Casillas and Catherine Parlanti

Camp Touchdown was an amazing experience in many ways. It helped guide and educate me about the world as we know it, and it also planted the tools I never knew I would need when I lost myself in my teenage years. 

This scholarship is an amazing gift from God, as everything he has put in my path has been. Thank you for all the dedication you have put in our communities.

Sincerely,
Daniel Casillas

P.S. If there is anything I can help with, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can always work around my schedule and find time to help out. Thank you for all your help, support and prayers.”

May you and your family be blessed in this sacred season of miracles.

Sincerely,
Joyce Dueker
Founder of Project Lost Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment